You can integrate your GetEmails account directly with Zapier.
An integration between GetEmails and Zapier does three things:
- Automatically sends contacts acquired in your GetEmails account to Zapier, into a list of your choosing.
- Automatically suppresses existing contacts in your Zapier account.
- Ability to set up custom filters to sync filters (ie, send leads from different domains to different lists or ESPs).
NOTE: Zapier integrations are currently invite-only but can be accessed by following this link. Once the integration is active, it will not back-sync contacts, only the ones going forward.
What you’ll need
1. Your GetEmails API Key and API ID. Find these in your GetEmails Dashboard by clicking My Account > API Details. (API Details are only for paying accounts.)
To get started
1. Follow the invite-only link to Zapier. Click Accept Invite & Build a Zap.
2. Click Make a Zap!
3. Type GetEmails into the search bar. Click the GetEmails icon that appears.
4. Click Continue.
5. Sign in to your GetEmails account, if prompted. Enter your GetEmails API Key and API ID. Click Yes, Continue.
6. Choose to either Test & Review or Test & Continue — or you can skip this test.
7. Choose which app you want the leads GetEmails collects to go to. If it’s not listed under Your Apps, type in the app name into the search bar. Click the correct app.
8. This will display the app you chose and the event you want to occur. Click the drop-menu under Choose Action Event to pick what you want to happen to the collected leads.
9. Sign in to the app you chose. Depending on the app, you may have to provide your username, password, AP ID and/or API Key. Once you’re logged in, click Continue.
10. The action event you chose from Step 8 will determine what information you’ll need to fill out. Complete all of the required information and any other optional sections you want to use. Click Continue.
11. After all of the parameters are set, click Done Editing.
Set up suppression
Once you enable automatic suppression, GetEmails will sync your regular, opt-in list from your ESP and add it to your GetEmails suppression list. This prevents you from paying for contacts you already have. Once you’ve enabled this option, the sync will run daily at 6 p.m. EST.
1. To set up suppression, click Integrations in the left-hand navigation. Then, click the three dots next to the integrated program and select Settings.
2. Click the pencil/edit icon next to Suppression List.
3. Click Yes next to Suppression List. Then, choose whether you want to suppress daily or just this (single) time. When you’re done, click Save. We recommend you use daily sync.
Set up Pro integrations
After you click Save for your Suppression List (see above), you can set up your customized sync options. Click the pencil/edit icon next to Sync Options.
You can either choose to Sync ALL historically collected contacts or Sync ONLY contacts collected from this point on.
Sync ALL historically collected contacts: This will send all contacts collected in GetEmails so far to your ESP.
Sync ONLY contacts collected from this point on: Ignores any existing contacts collected in GetEmails so far and only syncs starting now.
Set up a custom sync option
To set up a Pro integration, click Enable Custom Sync Options. That will display four filter options: by email domain, landing page domain, portion of a landing page URL, and state.
This feature allows you to filter your GetEmails contacts before you send them to your ESP. For example, you can send all contacts who hit different landing pages to separate lists. Or, send all of your California leads to one ESP and Texas leads to another.
Email domain: This field auto-fills/populates with email domains (ex. Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL, etc.) from your collected contacts.
Landing page domain: If you added script to both GetEmails.com and Robly.com, for example, the landing page domain would be either GetEmails.com or Robly.com. This field will auto-populate.
Portion of a landing page URL: If you’ve put the script on several pages or the entire site, this field allows you to pull out contacts who have only hit Landing Page A or Landing Page B. This option does not auto-populate, so you will have to add in the exact URL.
State: This filter allows you to pull out only contacts from one or more states.
4. When you’re finished, be sure to click Save.