You can integrate your GetEmails account directly with Maropost.
An integration between GetEmails and Maropost does three things:
- Automatically sends contacts acquired in your GetEmails account to Maropost, into a list of your choosing.
- Automatically suppresses existing contacts in your Maropost account.
- Ability to set up custom filters to sync filters (ie, send leads from different domains to different lists or ESPs).
What you’ll need
1. Your API Key and Account ID. Find these in your Maropost Dashboard by holding your cursor over your profile name in the top right and then clicking Connections.
2. Your Account ID will appear at the top.
3. To find your API Key, click API Keys and then Add Key.
4. Fill in a Name (ex. GetEmails) for your API Key below Add API Key, and click Add at the bottom.
5. Your API Key will be listed here next to what you named the Key.
To get started
1. Click on Integrations from the navigation panel and then scroll down and click Maropost.
2. Enter your Maropost API Key and Account ID and then click Connect.
3. Select the list/tag name that you’d like to sync your contacts to, and click Save. You can always change this later.
4. Once the integration is complete, you will see the integration date, API details, the list that contacts will be sync’d with, and the option to change that list. You can also Remove the integration from this page.
Change the sync’d list
1. To change the list you’ve synchronized with, click Integrations > Settings Dots > Settings.
2. Click Change List and then Save from the pop-up box once you’ve made the change.
Remove the integration
1. To remove the integration, click Integrations > Settings Dots > Remove.
Set up suppression
Once you enable automatic suppression, GetEmails will sync your regular, opt-in list from your ESP and add it to your GetEmails suppression list. This prevents you from paying for contacts you already have. Once you’ve enabled this option, the sync will run daily at 6 p.m. EST.
1. To set up suppression, click Integrations in the left-hand navigation. Then, click the three dots next to the integrated program and select Settings.
2. Click the pencil/edit icon next to Suppression List.
3. Click Yes next to Suppression List. Then, choose whether you want to suppress daily or just this (single) time. When you’re done, click Save. We recommend you use daily sync.
Set up Pro integrations
After you click Save for your Suppression List (see above), you can set up your customized sync options. Click the pencil/edit icon next to Sync Options.
You can either choose to Sync ALL historically collected contacts or Sync ONLY contacts collected from this point on.
Sync ALL historically collected contacts: This will send all contacts collected in GetEmails so far to your ESP.
Sync ONLY contacts collected from this point on: Ignores any existing contacts collected in GetEmails so far and only syncs starting now.
Set up a custom sync option
To set up a Pro integration, click Enable Custom Sync Options. That will display four filter options: by email domain, landing page domain, portion of a landing page URL, and state.
This feature allows you to filter your GetEmails contacts before you send them to your ESP. For example, you can send all contacts who hit different landing pages to separate lists. Or, send all of your California leads to one ESP and Texas leads to another.
Email domain: This field auto-fills/populates with email domains (ex. Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL, etc.) from your collected contacts.
Landing page domain: If you added script to both GetEmails.com and Robly.com, for example, the landing page domain would be either GetEmails.com or Robly.com. This field will auto-populate.
Portion of a landing page URL: If you’ve put the script on several pages or the entire site, this field allows you to pull out contacts who have only hit Landing Page A or Landing Page B. This option does not auto-populate, so you will have to add in the exact URL.
State: This filter allows you to pull out only contacts from one or more states.
4. When you’re finished, be sure to click Save.