You can integrate your GetEmails account directly with Klaviyo.
An integration between GetEmails and Klaviyo does three things:
- Automatically sends contacts acquired in your GetEmails account to Klaviyo, into a list of your choosing.
- Automatically suppresses existing contacts in your Klaviyo account.
- Ability to set up custom filters to sync filters (ie, send leads from different domains to different lists or ESPs).
Before you can integrate your Klaviyo account with GetEmails, you’ll need to export all of your emails from Klaviyo and then import them via manual suppression.
1. To export your contacts from Klaviyo, click Lists & Segments and then click on a list. (Currently, Klaviyo doesn’t allow you to export all of your lists at once. So, you’ll need to repeat these steps for each list.)
2. Click Manage List and then select Export List to CSV.
3. Choose which properties you want to include in the CSV file, and click Start Export.
4. Once you’ve exported your Klaviyo lists into CSV files, you can import them into GetEmails. Click here for steps on how to upload your suppression list.
What you’ll need
1. Your API Key. Find these in your Klaviyo dashboard. Click your name/photo in the top right and then Account.
2. Click Settings > API Keys.
3. Click Create API Key.
4. Copy your Private API Key.
5. We also recommend you create the list name you’d like to sync your contacts to in Klaviyo before integrating. This can be done under Lists & Segments > Create List/Segment (if the list you’d like to use does not already exist).
To get started
1. Click on Integrations from the navigation panel and then scroll down to click the Klaviyo icon:
2. Enter your Klaviyo API Key and then click Connect.
3. Select the list name that you’d like to sync your contacts to, and click Save. You can always change this later.
4. Once the integration is complete, you will see the integration date, API details, the list that contacts will be sync’d with, and the option to change that list. You can also Remove the integration from this page.
Change the sync’d list
1. To change the list you’ve synchronized with, click Integrations > Dots > Settings.
2. Click Change List and then Update.
Remove the integration
1. To remove the integration, click Integrations > Dots > Remove.
Set up suppression
Once you enable automatic suppression, GetEmails will sync your regular, opt-in list from your ESP and add it to your GetEmails suppression list. This prevents you from paying for contacts you already have. Once you’ve enabled this option, the sync will run daily at 6 p.m. EST.
1. To set up suppression, click Integrations in the left-hand navigation. Then, click the three dots next to the integrated program and select Settings.
2. Click the pencil/edit icon next to Suppression List.
3. Click Yes next to Suppression List. Then, choose whether you want to suppress daily or just this (single) time. When you’re done, click Save. We recommend you use daily sync.
Set up Pro integrations
After you click Save for your Suppression List (see above), you can set up your customized sync options. Click the pencil/edit icon next to Sync Options.
You can either choose to Sync ALL historically collected contacts or Sync ONLY contacts collected from this point on.
Sync ALL historically collected contacts: This will send all contacts collected in GetEmails so far to your ESP.
Sync ONLY contacts collected from this point on: Ignores any existing contacts collected in GetEmails so far and only syncs starting now.
Set up a custom sync option
To set up a Pro integration, click Enable Custom Sync Options. That will display four filter options: by email domain, landing page domain, portion of a landing page URL, and state.
This feature allows you to filter your GetEmails contacts before you send them to your ESP. For example, you can send all contacts who hit different landing pages to separate lists. Or, send all of your California leads to one ESP and Texas leads to another.
Email domain: This field auto-fills/populates with email domains (ex. Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL, etc.) from your collected contacts.
Landing page domain: If you added script to both GetEmails.com and Robly.com, for example, the landing page domain would be either GetEmails.com or Robly.com. This field will auto-populate.
Portion of a landing page URL: If you’ve put the script on several pages or the entire site, this field allows you to pull out contacts who have only hit Landing Page A or Landing Page B. This option does not auto-populate, so you will have to add in the exact URL.
State: This filter allows you to pull out only contacts from one or more states.
4. When you’re finished, be sure to click Save.