You can integrate your GetEmails account directly with Drip.
An integration between GetEmails and Drip does three things:
- Automatically sends contacts acquired in your GetEmails account to Drip, into a list of your choosing.
- Automatically suppresses existing contacts in your Drip account.
- Ability to set up custom filters to sync filters (ie, send leads from different domains to different lists or ESPs).
Note: We recommend you do not include the name “GetEmails” in your list or tag names.
What you’ll need
1. Your Account ID and API Token. Copy the Account ID numbers from the URL when in your Dashboard. Ex. The Account ID here is 1234567: https://www.getdrip.com/1234567/dashboard. (You can also find the Account ID in Settings > General Info.)
2. To find the API Token, visit your Drip dashboard, and click the settings dots in the top right and then Users Settings.
3. Copy the API Token.
4. We also recommend you create the list name you’d like to sync your contacts to in Drip before integrating. This can be done by clicking People > Tags > Add Tags.
To get started
1. Click on Integrations from the navigation panel on the left, and scroll down to click on the Drip icon:
2. Enter your Drip Account ID and API Token and then click Connect.
3. Once the integration is complete, you will see the integration date, API details, the option to suppress contacts, the Tag that contacts will be sync’d with, and your sync options. Choose the Tag you want to sync your contacts with from the drop-down menu. You can always change this later. You can also Remove the integration from this page.
4. When you’re finished setting your preferences, click Finish Setup.
Change the sync’d Tag
1. To change the Tag you’ve synchronized with, click Integrations > Dots > Settings.
2. Click the pencil icon next to Sync Options.
3. Choose a Tag from the drop-down menu under Sync contacts to Tag. When you’re finished, click Save.
Remove the integration
1. To remove the integration, click Integrations > Dots > Remove.
Set up suppression
Once you enable automatic suppression, GetEmails will sync your regular, opt-in list from your ESP and add it to your GetEmails suppression list. This prevents you from paying for contacts you already have. Once you’ve enabled this option, the sync will run daily at 6 p.m. EST.
1. To set up suppression, click Integrations in the left-hand navigation. Then, click the three dots next to the integrated program and select Settings.
2. Click the pencil/edit icon next to Suppression List.
3. Click Yes next to Suppression List. Then, choose whether you want to suppress daily or just this (single) time. When you’re done, click Save. We recommend you use daily sync.
Set up Custom Sync Options
After you click Save for your Suppression List (see above), you can set up your customized sync options. Click the pencil/edit icon next to Sync Options.
You can either choose to Sync ALL historically collected contacts or Sync ONLY contacts collected from this point on.
Sync ALL historically collected contacts: This will send all contacts collected in GetEmails so far to your ESP.
Sync ONLY contacts collected from this point on: Ignores any existing contacts collected in GetEmails so far and only syncs starting now.
Set up a custom sync option
To set up a Pro integration, click Enable Custom Sync Options. That will display four filter options: by email domain, landing page domain, portion of a landing page URL, and state.
This feature allows you to filter your GetEmails contacts before you send them to your ESP. For example, you can send all contacts who hit different landing pages to separate lists. Or, send all of your California leads to one ESP and Texas leads to another.
Email domain: This field auto-fills/populates with email domains (ex. Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL, etc.) from your collected contacts.
Landing page domain: If you added script to both GetEmails.com and Robly.com, for example, the landing page domain would be either GetEmails.com or Robly.com. This field will auto-populate.
Portion of a landing page URL: If you’ve put the script on several pages or the entire site, this field allows you to pull out contacts who have only hit Landing Page A or Landing Page B. This option does not auto-populate, so you will have to add in the exact URL.
State: This filter allows you to pull out only contacts from one or more states.
4. When you’re finished, be sure to click Save.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, and if there are any failures.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there’s a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]getemails.com.