You can integrate your GetEmails account directly with Benchmark Email.
An integration between GetEmails and Benchmark Email does three things:
- Automatically sends contacts acquired in your GetEmails account to Benchmark Email into a list of your choosing.
- Automatically suppresses existing contacts in your Benchmark Email account.
- Ability to set up custom filters to sync filters (ie, send leads from different domains to different lists or ESPs).
Note: We recommend you do not include the name “GetEmails” in your list or tag names.
What you’ll need
1. Your API Key. From your Benchmark Email Dashboard, click your username in the top right corner. From the drop-down menu, click Integrations. Then, click API Key.
2. Copy the API key (the blurred text in the example below).
3. We also recommend you create the list name you’d like to sync your contacts in Benchmark Email with before finalizing the integration. You can do this under Contacts > Contacts > Create New List.
To get started
1. Click on Integrations from the navigation panel in GetEmails and then scroll down to click the Benchmark Email icon.
2. Paste your API Key and click Connect.
3. Once the integration is complete, you will see the integration date, API details, suppression sync, and the option to set/change the group it’s synced to. You can also Remove the integration from this page at the top. Click Finish Setup when you’re done.
Change the sync’d list
1. To change the list you’ve synchronized with, click Integrations > Dots > Settings.
2. Click the pencil icon next to Sync Options. Click Yes next to Upload collected contacts if you haven’t already. Then, choose a new list from the dropdown menu, and click Save.
Remove the integration
1. To remove the integration, click Integrations > Dots > Remove.
Set up suppression
Once you enable automatic suppression, GetEmails will sync your regular, opt-in group from your ESP and add it to your GetEmails suppression list. This prevents you from paying for contacts you already have. Once you’ve enabled this option, the sync will run daily at 6 p.m. EST.
1. To set up suppression, click Integrations in the left-hand navigation. Then, click the three dots next to the integrated program and select Settings.
2. Click the pencil/edit icon next to Suppression Sync.
3. Click Yes next to Suppression Sync. Then, choose whether you want to suppress daily or just this (single) time. When you’re done, click Save. We recommend you use daily sync.
Set up Custom Sync Options
You can also set up customized sync options. Click the pencil/edit icon next to Sync Options.
You can choose to Sync ALL collected contacts so far then each day moving forward, Sync ALL contacts collected so far runs only once, or Sync ONLY contacts collected from this point on.
Sync ALL contacts collected so far, then each day moving forward: This will send all contacts collected in GetEmails so far to your ESP and each day at 11 a.m. EST.
Sync ALL contacts collected so far: This option will only run once.
Sync ONLY contacts collected from this point on: Ignores any existing contacts collected in GetEmails so far and only syncs starting now.
Set up a custom sync option
To set up a custom filter, click Enable Custom Sync Options. That will display four filter options: by email domain, landing page domain, portion of a landing page URL, and state.
This feature allows you to filter your GetEmails contacts before you send them to your ESP. For example, you can send all contacts who hit different landing pages to separate lists. Or, send all of your California leads to one ESP and Texas leads to another.
Email domain: This field auto-fills/populates with email domains (ex. Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL, etc.) from your collected contacts.
Landing page domain: If you added script to both GetEmails.com and Robly.com, for example, the landing page domain would be either GetEmails.com or Robly.com. This field will auto-populate.
Portion of a landing page URL: If you’ve put the script on several pages or the entire site, this field allows you to pull out contacts who have only hit Landing Page A or Landing Page B. This option does not auto-populate, so you will have to add in the exact URL.
State: This filter allows you to pull out only contacts from one or more states.
4. When you’re finished, be sure to click Save.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, and if there are any failures.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there’s a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]getemails.com.