In this video, we’ll show you where to find your GetEmails snippet script and how to add it to your BigCommerce store.
Where to find your GetEmails collection snippet script
1. From your GetEmails Dashboard, click Code Snippet in the left navigation. Then, click View Script next to the domain you want to add the snippet script to.
2. Check the box next to Collection, and then click Copy Code </>.
Remember: You can’t check multiple boxes for scripts or you will get this error message. You can only copy one at a time.
How to add collection snippet script
1. Log in to your BigCommerce account. From the left navigation, click Storefront.
2. Click Script Manager from the left navigation and then click Create a Script.
3. Name your script, give it a Description (optional), choose if you want it to be in the Footer or Head, select which pages you want to add it to (Store pages, Checkout, Order confirmation, or All pages), choose Script under Script type, and paste your GetEmails script in the Script contents box. Click Save.
How to add suppression snippet script
The suppression script can be added to your website on any pages that you do NOT want GetEmails to collect email addresses. Generally speaking, you would put this script on landing pages where the person has already converted, and therefore, you have already collected their email address.
Examples of pages you’d want to add the suppression script to are post-checkout, thank you, and confirmation pages.
1. From your GetEmails Dashboard, click Code Snippet in the left navigation and then </> below View Script. Then, check the box next to Suppression, and click Copy Code.
2. Log in to your BigCommerce account. From the left navigation, click Storefront. Then, Click Script Manager, and click Create a Script.
3. Name your script, give it a Description (optional), choose if you want it to be in the Footer or Head, choose to place it on the Order confirmation page, check the Script box, and then paste your GetEmails suppression script into the Script contents box. Click Save.