Adding the script to your website is different for every brand and depends on your domain host provider. Below, we have included instructions for some of the most common websites we see from our customers. Before you add the snippet script to the sites, you can find the code by following the steps below.
Where to find your GetEmails snippet script:
1. From your GetEmails Dashboard, click Code Snippet in the left navigation and then </> below View Script.
2. Click Collection Script.
3. This will bring up the code snippet. Click Copy Code.
How to add the snippet script:
There are 2 options for adding the script to your WordPress site. You can use a free plugin or add directly to the code. We recommend using the plugin if you can.
Add Script Using a Free Plugin
1. From your WordPress Dashboard, click Plugins on the left navigation, then click Add New.
2. On the top right, where it says Search Plugins, search for “Header and Footer Scripts.”
This is the plugin you are searching for: https://wordpress.org/plugins/header-and-footer-scripts/
3. Click Install Now.
4. Once the plugin is installed, press Activate.
5. Return to your WordPress dashboard and click Pages on the left navigation. Click to edit the page you would like to add the GetEmails script to. The Header and Footer Scripts plugin will have added a box at the top of the page for you to insert the tracking script. Paste the script into this box. Make sure to press the Save/Update/Publish button in the top right of the page to save the update.
6. If this plugin doesn’t work for you, try the “Header Footer Code Manager” plugin.
Add Script Directly to Code
- Click on Appearance → Theme Editor
2. Click on header.php on the right to access the header file:
3. The header section is between <head> and </head>. Paste the script in this section.
4. Click on Update Files button to save your changes.
1. Log in to your Wix Account.
2. Click Settings from the left-hand Dashboard.
3. Under Advanced Settings, click Tracking & Analytics.
4. Click New Tool > Custom.
5. Paste the snippet script code into Paste the code snippet here box. Click Apply.
- Visit your Shopify Dashboard and click Online Store on the left hand side nav panel.
2. Click on Actions and then Edit code.
3. Click on theme.liquid file
4. Add script code above </head> in the code. Click the Save button.
If you have a custom HTML site, please contact your webmaster to assist you with adding the script to your code.